Join Our VIP Newsletter
2012 ‘Home Block’ Cabernet Sauvignon
Rich cassis & mulberry aromas combine with spice & cedar notes. The palate is concentrated with dark chocolate, black currant & mulberry flavours with harmonised French oak, adding hints of spice. The structure is fantastic with fine, elegant tannins leading to the long, balanced finish.
Fillet Mignon with smoky bacon & mushrooms.
Variety/Varieties: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Harvest Date: 10th April 2012
Harvest Baume: 13.7
Bottling Date: 25th March 2015
2 years in new French & American, tightly grained, medium toast oak barriques. These techniques ensure this wine is complex & will age gracefully.
Wine Style: Rich, elegant & full bodied
Colour: Deep brick red
Winemaker: Pat and Luke Tocaciu
Current and Previous Awards
- 95 Points - James Halliday 2018
- GOLD - Wine Showcase Magazine
- GOLD - Limestone Coast Wine Show
- GOLD - AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge
- SILVER - Cairns Wine Show
- SILVER - Melbourne International Wine Competition
- 4.5 Stars - Winestate Magazine
- 92 Points - James Halliday 2012
- 92 Points - Huon Hooke
You may also enjoy...
* New Vintage Release * The best fruit from only the best vintages makes the grade for this iconic wine. Bold, complex notes of dark chocolate and concentrated fruit lead to a wonderfully rich, structured palate with impeccable length. A wine that showcases the true essence of aged Coonawarra Cabernet and will reward any wine lover or true connoisseur.View Tasting Note