Join Our VIP Newsletter
2012 ‘Aged’ Riesling
* New Vintage Release * Fresh & fruity in its youth, now developing bottle age the wine displays unique characteristics & distinguished flavours that only age & maturity can provide. This Riesling has been cellared for 5 years before release & shows intense aromas of lemon butter & a distinctive toasty character. The palate is delicately layered showing lime blossom & a wonderful mouth feel that extends to a crisp finish.
A Creamy Blue Cheese
Variety/Varieties: 100% Riesling
Harvest Date: 23rd February 2012
Harvest Baume: 11.3
Bottling Date: 20th August 2012
Wine Style: Extremely aromatic & complex toasty hints.
Colour: Pale straw with golden hues.
Winemaker: Patrick & Luke Tocaciu
- 95 Points - James Halliday 2018
- GOLD - Limestone Coast Wine Show
- GOLD - Canberra International Riesling Challenge
- SILVER - National Cool Climate Wine Show
- SILVER - Melbourne International Wine Wine Show
- SILVER - Perth Royal Wine Show
- 4.5 Stars & "Equal Top" - Winestate Annual Riesling Awards
You may also enjoy...
* New Vintage Release * This Riesling is made to capture the fresh, natural flavours of the vineyard with minimal winemaker intervention. The aroma is floral and intense, showing lime blossom and citrus freshness. The palate is vibrant with good balance and crisp and clean limey acidity.View Tasting Note
The 2010 vintage saw the rare weather event of wetter conditions followed by dry, humid days. These were perfect conditions for the Botrytis Cinera fungus to grow on the Riesling grapes. The resultant concentrated berries have been masterfully transformed into this luscious, complex dessert wine. Aromas of apricot marmalade & orange peel fill the glass. The palate is rich and viscous with honeyed fruits perfectly balanced with the citrus finish.View Tasting Note